18.9.12

STOP START

When my parents first bought a video camera back in 1995, my sister Alden and I immediately took to creating stop-start animation clips (we also had an affinity for making fake TV commercials). We'd film a banana eating itself, M&Ms coming alive and organizing themselves by color while dancing around, a messy bed magically being made. Alas, our creativity pretty much maxed out there. . .

Sean Pecknold, on the other hand, has made a name for himself in the art world as both an animator and visual artist.  Pecknold has done the animation for some of my favorite bands' music videos: Grizzly Bear, Beach House, and Fleet Foxes.  His ability to create a visual style for the songs he's working on is really something quite spectacular.  

When asked by Hook and Line Magazine why he enjoys creativity, Pecknold answers, "Because I was never really good at anything practical." I feel the same way Sean. . . 

Hook and Line Magazine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home